Helping your child realize the value of education is extremely important. Your presence at school is one way to show your love and encouragement!
For questions and suggestions regarding volunteer opportunities at Linda Vista, please email our PTA Volunteer Coordinator:
- Nicole Hunter
- Volunteer coordinator
Ways to Help
- Room Parent(s): Supports teacher needs, coordinates class parties & classroom volunteers for class/school events.
- Assistant Room Parent(s): Works closely with Room Parent(s) to help facilitate class/teacher needs.
- Classroom Help: Work with Room Parent(s) and teacher in preparing supplies for classroom projects, classroom parties, field trips, computer lab assist, at-home help (i.e. cutting, glueing, help with costumes, etc.). Multiple volunteers needed!
- Meet the Masters: Art docent attends training, presents & demonstrates art techniques to children in classroom.
- Community Partners: Work with Chair in establishing relationships with local businesses, solicit services/products to be used during school year programs.
- Assemblies: Assist in planning & setting up assemblies; help monitor & escort children to and from classrooms.
- Book Fair: Assist with set up/take down of book displays & assist with sales (twice a year).
- Red Ribbon Week: Healthy Choices/ Say No To Drugs awareness week in October; one week of special all-school activities. Assist committee with setup, decorations, activities, etc.
- Hospitality/Staff Appreciation: Coordinate refreshments for PTA, school events and teacher luncheons.
- Trunk-or-Treat: Assist Chair with Halloween decor, flyers, judging of costumes, food distribution, etc.
- School Play: Assist Chair with auditions, rehearsals, committees, etc.
- Yearbook: Take and submit photographs of child’s classroom and school events & help design yearbook pages. Work with School Photographer.
- Reflections Art Program: Assist chair with promotion, art collection, setup and teardown, awards, sundae party, etc.
- Family Dance: Assist Chair with planning, setup, food distribution, and teardown.
- Science Fair: Work with Chair to promote Science Fair, collect projects, and help with setup.
- Variety Show: Help chairperson organize sign-up, auditions, and rehearsals.
- Green Team: Educate school body in areas of recycle, reuse, and reduce. May include Walk to School Day, Earth Day, on-site recycling, etc.
- Jog-A-Thon: Work with Chair in planning the event, distributing information, labeling and distributing t-shirts and awards, etc. Multiple volunteers needed!
- School Pictures: Assist Chair in coordinating Fall and Spring school pictures. Help escort and guide children.
- School Photographer: Volunteers needed to take pictures to submit to Photographer and Yearbook Chair.
- School Carnival: Help with planning, set-up, tear-down, carnival games, etc.
- Emergency Response Team: Work closely with School Disaster Prep Team. Facilitates the maintenance of proper supplies needed in the event of an emergency or disaster.